Am I honest about myself? I try my best, and I usually tell people if I am hiding stuff from them, along with the assurance that I will tell them the secrets in time. I'm sorry if I haven't been any better.
Got a song on mega replay, maybe because I relate very well to it:
A House is Not a Home, Tamyra Gray.
Probably one of the best performances on American Idol ever, although it didn't seem to make the list for most of the review and rankings I've tried searching for on Google. I'm even trying to get the melody of her rendition into my head (it's really tricky).
Most people think of their houses as their home (especially when they're overseas and homesick) because the physical locations helps solidify their experiences in the past. However, I see my home as the closeness I have to the people I actually care about (both people I love and people I want to love). Maybe that's why I get so lonely sometimes, even in my own house, even when I have family and friends nearby. I need to feel that link existing, that great sense of trust, love and camaraderie all rolled into one.
Missing my Bestie now suddenly. :(
Missing my close friends overseas. :(
Watched Prayers for Bobby, a dramatised real story about a gay son who killed himself after going through depression and lack of support from his stoic Christian family members, and the mum's journey of self-discovery. I cried like crazy. Like, repeatedly. I suddenly feel so much more human.
Before you echo Amen to your home and in place of worship, think and remember, a child is listening. Mary Griffith.
No comments:
Post a Comment