... is a Cantonese term which means standing someone up, used to denote people who cancel their attendance at the very last (or close to the last) minute. Today, I had to make a strategic manouvre to cancel sailing practice because my throat was feeling bad. I felt really bad, because I know how bad is it to be on a receiving end of the standing up, especially when the event is already short-handed and is serious business. Must really apologize to my (technically replacement) skipper the next time I meet him.
I also bought a bolster today. The last time I had one was when i was smaller, somewhere up till the mid of primary school. When you keep hugging the bolster hard at the exact same place, you will get a 'neck' which gets awkward and ugly, so this time I hope that won't happen. I purposely chose a harder bolster to hopefully reduce the chance of such occurrences. What shall I name it?
Tomorrow is Ching Ming and I have to wake up at 5 am. Hoping that the weather is at least forgiving tomorrow. Today is also Earth Hour Day, but somehow I'm not turning anything off. Meh me.
Oh, and the feeling you get when a dear friend from Australia calls you by phone to catch up with you is beyond priceless. I miss you too!
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment