Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Felt Selfish Today

Just came back from my convocation and feeling a little very much extremely drained. I am becoming more and more an introvert as I age; I can literally feel my energy being sapped by loud noises in crowded places with reduced movement area.

I felt selfish today.

Sometimes I really want to go back to the times in my childhood where your friends are literally the only friends you have, and vice versa. It makes the whole friendship paradigm so much easier. There's no multiple groups of friends that you have to juggle and your friends' multiple groups of friends that they have to juggle which reduces their pie of interaction with you (and the one thing I hate is when people try to introduce their friends to us in a sort of a forced assimilation).

Don't get me wrong, I still love all my friends. It's just that sometimes I feel like a tool, used when convenient, and forgotten when it doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

Maybe it's just me.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang