Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dating Paradigms And The Bell Curve

Pondering: You know the saying which says that the best things are sometimes right under our eyes? That's a lie. They are always right under our eyes.

So, you met someone you're interested in? Now what?

Depending on the type of person you happen to be, you might start off with small coffee meets, dinner dates, outings, online chatting, basically, you're trying to establish a friendship (Of course you have the sex crazies version, but you must as well ask them about it since I'm not one.). Then what?

Stop asking people. The secret is out. There is no pattern.

Yes, if you calculate the behavior of the general public, you will (highly likely) get a bell curve, and you'd probably want to take the most average approach which is, technically, mathematically sound. The bell curve has one flaw: it argues for the past, not the future. It also doesn't take into account all the small variables that will determine whether the relationship will work out.

So, now what?

Play by your rules (hopefully, ethically).

I've subconsciously tried to do the math without myself realizing it, forming a barrier which prevents me from giving my all. Tomorrow I'll try diving deeper. And seriously, since when does diving deeper means sex? I play by my rules.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang