Thursday, June 16, 2011

When Ideals Start Destroying Your Life

I am an idealistic person to an extent; I have realistic parts too, but I strive hard to work towards that faith in a better, Utopian concept. Ideals are, in fact, very closely tied to our principles, our personal choices in life. I can safely say that I have grown up too fast: I have matured early on in life. I developed many of the principles I hold dear since early school days. Of course, they have changed much, but the essence of it is still there.

Chatted with Bestie over dinner and had some pretty deep and (hopefully) meaningful subject matter which included relationships, choices, and obviously, ideals. As usual, there is no conclusion to the discussion, only more questions left unanswered.

To sum up, because I shouldn't reveal too much detail now, it's really all in my hands now. It sounds a little authoritarian and selfish, but I know that the decision lies solely in my hand. Do I admit defeat or do I slide down that dark tunnel of uncertainty and risk getting hurt (although I keep denying that)? Hmmm. Where are my gay friends when I need them?

Bah.

2 comments:

  1. God, when I looked back at my life and think about my set of 'ideals'...I wanna go wtf now. Really. Ideals are really for 20s. You'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang