Friday, June 3, 2011

There Are Only Few Things That Piss Me Off

I thought I could cruise through the day without too much problem, but was face-palmed by 3 monsters.

Monster 1: Falling sick slowly. Not there yet, but I feel it creeping around my dry eyes and aching joints. Why must it always come at the start of the weekend? Is it a sign that I have been holding everything in?

Monster 2: Reached home at 7.45pm, but have to get to the office by 11.30ish for FA approval and proofreading. On a Friday nevertheless, and with Monster 1 still crawling over me.

Monster 3: Near the end of the day, with the awareness of Monster 1 and Monster 2, my senior designer raised his voice with me over a miscommunication issue. That I can take. He said I was inefficient. That I can take. Then he called me lazy. THAT I CANNOT TAKE. Yes, I might not stay for that many late nights or not produce the most impressive copy, BUT I WORK HARD AND I TRY HARD TO IMPROVE. The only reason I decided against speaking out was because i. you are more senior than me (although I'm not a fan of the seniority game), ii. you have a heart problem combined with lack of sleep and workload, and iii. if I want to make sure the team keeps running well, I'm willing to take the emotional blast, for now.

Pertubed much indeed. Yes, you might call me oversensitive or unprofessional, but I have principles. I make sure my AEs, ADs and CD get what they want from me, instead of downplaying the importance of the priorities they have set. Monster 3, I have my eyes on you.

For now, Monster 3 is still a situational trait to me, not a person. Kudos to you if you understood what this actually implies.

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot, status updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang