Hell yeah, I play cupid well. Sometimes you just need to slap both parties hard. In the face. To show them how much they loved the other. It's these kind of moments that you actually appreciate your psychology degree. Ahhh, jolly melancholy of sentimentalism.
Practice runs today was not too bad. In fact, I think I was killed more by capoeira than sailing, despite getting 2 rope-burns. Tomorrow's race will be a bigger killer. In retrospect, what I imagined as a calm and relaxing extended weekend is now a physical endurance exercise, not that it is all bad. I even got to swim today.
There are now plans for my family and extended family to visit our "hometown" in China at the end of the year. Probably have to take unpaid leave again despite being near my confirmation period because my eldest cousin who just got married on the 1st of January this year is probably coming too, and she is not easy to get a hold of. I told my mum, by that moment in time (if I'm still at the company), I'd already know whether the company values me highly or not. If they want me enough, I shouldn't be worried. If they don't, I should just leave; both of us will be better off anyway.
BTW, you don't read this, but happy birthday mum! Gave her the same thing I gave my date. You think there will be some kind of spiritual link? Hoho.
No comments:
Post a Comment