Monday, June 20, 2011

5 Reasons Why June 20, 2011 Sucks

5. Three friends quit their first job in 3 consecutive working days. At the condition I'm in, I really have to try hard not to follow in their footsteps.

4. Today passed so freaking fast, and I didn't even realize it. Brainstorming for a pitch is really hard, hard work.

3. I'm still aching from yesterday's session of capoeira, with a complete open wound on the bottom of my left foot. Wore slippers to work.

2. I'm living in my friend's ex-boyfriend's career shadow. At work, people always tell me that I remind them of him. They do not compare me with him directly, but I always feel like I have to live up to someone who have made such a lasting impression at my company. I also happen to sound like him and have several similarities. Wait, here it comes: he's actually from the same year in my high school from one of the lower classes.

1. I have a hole in my heart now, of which I don't want to fill with my work, or with anything else at this moment. What do I feel? Nothing. Nothing. Complete nothingness. The emptiness is scary, it really is. At times, my heart beats faster and I'm forced to take deep breaths to temporarily fill the void, to keep my heart from imploding.

1 comment:

  1. There is no business like the ad business. Sometimes I hate it but I know I love it. If there is something that I did right...this career is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang