I had the opportunity to help host two great friends from Singapore who arrived with style on a modified Ducati, apparently screaming the highways at 180 kmph ignoring any importance of federal regulated speed limits. It was a rather impulsive act, with them only making the decision the morning itself, starting off at noon, and reaching miraculously 4 hours later. They wanted to stay at a hotel but I pointed at the best free home-stay in PJ a.k.a. my sisters' empty room which they accepted gracefully.
The remaining of the day was spent taking them to KL's Golden Triangle, which they also returned to the next day to pick up the desired purchases and find other lost treasures including eclectic cuff-links and angry birds. They were fun to hang out with with strange conversations of innovative watch concepts, philosophical debates on kindness and funny puns on rubber/cloth in-between-the-toes-thingy on flip flops. And watching them make singular impulsive purchases was like giving a box of candy to a group of ravenous wide button-eyed children. Not only that, such is simplicity that a large glass of juice is more than sufficient to put the two to eternal contentment. Good company indeed.
Then it happened. While I was playing Monopoly Deal with one of them to pass time till dinner time approached, I got the message:
"We're happy to offer you a position here based on your application."
If you read this before everything on top, you are forgiven.
Yes. From the company I was holding up for. From the company that I was somehow dreading to work for at a point in time. From the company of which their field is a new area for me to venture into with my creative ability.
I was elated. Suddenly, I knew how much I actually wanted the job, not because I'm too tired to find another one, but because I feel absolutely wanted despite my non-advertorial background. In fact, I actually wondered how bad the other candidates must have been for me to get it. I'm wanted now, but I will make myself hunted later. Soon, sent the two roaring down my street with happy memories and sent bestie back wishing each other awesomeness and comfort, the perfect end of random two consecutive days.
Thanks to those who have either pulled invisible strings or supported me in my search for something that seemed beyond my ability and comfort level. You know who you are. Karma has indeed turned a full circle after several unknown revolutions. God bless!
Edit: More information to come. HR will contact me tomorrow about the offer, but I'd
Sungguh BAIK! Gua veli happy for you neh!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm starting work on the 18th May.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm excited too!
ReplyDelete