Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hubungan Sejenis

Had a good laugh at work today over the strange inaccuracy phenomenons that often occur when you translate words to another language, specifically English to Malay. Here are some of what we translated and what out fantastic comedians at the national censorship board do for a living:

Safety Body Harness: Pencegah Kejatuhan

High Visibility Vest: Pakaian Tinggi Kenampakan

Batman: Orang Kelawar

Salt (The Movie): Garam

Independence Day: Hari Merdeka

The Day After Tomorrow: Lusa

Faster: Kecepatan

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but that's the only few I can think of right now. You'd probably be able to list more.

Another thing that I noticed is that I'm getting too accustomed to a Mac. Just a moment ago, I tried to copy something by pressing ALT-C.

Hahahahaha. Maaf, syiok sendiri banyak-banyak (Sorry, having fun with myself too much).

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang