Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This is For Yesterday II - AE,IACBTBAB

Fact: Yesterday, I was called back to work and had a 20 hour day. I was writing this post halfway when I got the call. Thus, the real title should be:

After Everything, 
It All Comes Back 
To Being A Boy

You can argue all you want, but all talk and no action is bollocks. Yes you heard me right: bollocks. However, all action and no talk is a purely primal act, of which we cannot be classified as human. Take your pick.

Today, I feel inspired enough to blog about the one thing everyone can relate to: games, specifically video games. You know what it is to one degree or another. From the enormously crafted world of Azeroth in World of Warcraft, to the intimate role-playing games from Japan, to the many simulation games of both sports and life itself, to the social networking games that even those who claim to not play games play: games are games, entertaining, immersive, and just simply a whole lot of fun. I've done my fair share of playing myself, and you can argue that games are worthless and of no substantial use to building an individual's future.

Obviously, I disagree. And I'm probably not the only one.

First, I suggest that you watch 2 (+1 I found today) videos before we continue:

Extra Credits: Gamification
TED: Gaming Can Make A Better World
TED: The World Peace Game

If you have not watched the videos, don't bother continuing, you won't be interested.

Edit: This is where I got the call. But, let's continue.

If you have done the homework above, yes, I know: impressive, inspiring, innovative methods to solving problems that even politicians today can barely dream of. We need to do this. We must do this. If even fourth grade students from a general American school can solve global issues, the adults have much to learn from the people who have no seniority, experience, or expert skills of any type, and armed only with relative innocence, childhood tact and plain simplicity of thought.

Specifically, we can start by advocating civil rights here in Malaysia. You don't need to hold pickets or organize large campaigns or events: you simply need to support the people who are already doing so, or by just changing the way you act in certain circumstances. If you think the stereotypical gay lifestyle is a game, no it isn't.

No it definitely isn't.

Argh, my thoughts are all messed up now. Will get back to this topic soon. To sum up this complex topic, go ahead and play. However, learn to play by the rules before you start breaking them.

Meh.

Edit: If you feel empowered enough, visit the Official 29 Ways Malaysia Website and share it with your friends. Remember to sign the petition on number 14 and memorandum on number 15, it's only a few clicks for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang