Monday, May 23, 2011

Waiting Work

My job requires a lot of waiting, at least for this season of the company's corporate calendar.

To be honest, I pity the graphic artists/designers more; although they work crazy fast, their workload seems much more massive than mine. I'm not saying that writing copy is easy, I still take up to several hours to come out with several options for one brief. And that's not even including concept work at the beginning of a new campaign.

Still loving what I'm doing very much, not dreading work at all, so lucky me. The hours are long, but still bearable as of now.

The only issue is that more than half the office communicates in Chinese when work isn't involved; it's harder on my soul than my ears, not because of the language barrier but because of the different levels of incompatibilities that exist because of that.

Meh.

4 comments:

  1. 1. Learn to go with the flow. You need to go to their level. Try harder.
    2. But of course, you have chosen the right path. Writers are paid so much more and more in demand in Msia and do less work. Hours wise. Doing up visual takes ALOT of time. Much more less than copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Getting there, but always improving.
    2. Copies might be easier, but concepts aren't.

    Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concept still shorter time doing up those damn visuals...grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I revised the copy in 15 minutes flat and my designers have to suffer till tomorrow afternoon. I feel so bad for them now!

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang