Why do I have slutty friends?
For you who have answered the question for me with "because you are a slut", I shall put down with much disappointment and intentional chutzpah. For those who are willing to give me a benefit of a doubt, step in. I shall, myself, step in too, for I have never consciously thought much about such things up till today.
There are too many variations of the definition of slut, so I'm going to take the easy way out, which is to not talk about it. There is one thing clear about the matter though: you will know one when you know one. So what's up with the whole slut issue? I have never had a good impression of a person I find out to be one, regardless of whether I know him long enough or if I happen to understand the content of his character. Sluttiness itself is an issue of morality and ethics of relationship, an arguably gray area that neither side can fully understand. I was on one side before, but now I stand the middle ground, the sharp points of the picket fence right up my arse.
So do I have a thing against sluts? Honestly, I used to be. I thought they were scum of the world, playing with people's feelings and thoughts. However, forcing myself to sit on the fence has taught me to observe to both sides, forcing myself to put down the barriers of stereotypes and prejudices. Some sluts are the nicest people around; if you never knew that they are slutty, you would have thought that they are exemplary individuals for being the law-abiding citizens. Some non-sluts on the other hand, have the worst personalities and strange and aggressively unnecessary hypocritical mindsets. Of course, these are not stereotypes by themselves, but rather exposure to the different layers of characterization you can place on a specific type of person.
So do you advocate sluttiness? Definitely no! To be honest, the pattern shows that most sluts seem to settle down after a while, some earlier than others. They are fun to listen to at times, but after a while it gets a little degrading. I do push them to settle down earlier if I can, but no forcing is involved. So do you stay around them only because you hope that you can change them? I thought this was the reason, that I was just trying got help, but heck was I wrong. I don't want to change them, I want them to change themselves, even if they get hurt in the process for only then is there learning and true understanding. I'm just willing to catch them if they fall from high enough.
29 Ways.
It's happening this Sunday, an initiative by the (if I am not mistaken) the same organizers who ran Seksualiti Merdeka to educate people about LBGTIQ individuals. It includes, other than educational materials for the general public, an all-inclusive brainstorming session to generate ideas for the right of our independence. Should I be there? Should I show support in the advancement of our rights? Should I dare to stand out, voice out, think out aloud in this forum of similar-minded individuals who are willing to fight, not just hide? Should I risk a higher chance of being outed, just to push for something I believe in?
I don't know yet. Anyone wanna come with me?
Meh.
Honey, you are not out at work already? Like this is the best industry to do.
ReplyDeleteBtw, I heart sluts!
Ps. zomg...the word for verification for the earlier post is actually "hoench"
ReplyDeleteI've been hoench!
A lot of straight guys here, don't want to make them uncomfortable. But if anyone asks, I'll tell them, haha.
ReplyDeleteHoench!