Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sin Sei Says

Today my parents took me to see a sinseh, a traditional Chinese medical practitioner and it is my first time doing so. My throat wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this morning, but better to be cautious and get a second opinion before the going gets worse. The waiting list is super long, and although we went early to get a number, we were only let in after about 2.5 hours. The outlets reeks strongly of herbal elements, and although this would sound racist, everyone there is predominantly Chinese (I mean, you would think that in this age and time you'll see a mixed crowd). I even saw a cute boy there but of course I was not brazen to do anything (other than to sneakily take a photograph, guilty as charge).

When we were finally let in, we were met with a lady in her late 40s who looks like a guy, however she looks indiscriminate and relaxed. As expected, she checked my pulse with touch alone, looked at my tongue and applied pressure to my joints. The verdict is as follows.

I am like a volcano, boiling with internal energy and heat. I am the Yang without enough Yin. I need to:
1. Avoid all forms of meat but fish. (Sigh, the Pascatarian.)
2. Avoid eggs.
3. Avoid spicy food. (Nuuuuu...)
4. Avoid air-conditioning and direct fanning. (Stupid office.)
5. Sleep at 10.00pm optimally, or 11.30pm if I cheat. (Stupid working hours.)
5. Avoid dry and absorbent food. (Biscuits and stuff.)
6. Drink more water. (This is defaulted.)

Optimally, I should just be a vegetarian. Not that I have an issue with this; I can relish in the simple hakka/hopoh lui cha which many fear. I do wonder how it will affect my gym routine...

In reference to the blood type diet and not knowing my blood type, I have a strong feeling that I took after my mum - A.

The new week is coming, here's to a speedy recovery with bitter black liquid and stuff. Oh, and more drama as the management starts unfolding.

7 comments:

Nuffnang