Thursday, October 6, 2011

Off Off-Limits

I've always contemplated how much of my working life should be exposed in this blog, for the reason of privacy, integrity, politics, and other various factors of which will just make things even more complicated. I have posted many posts that talked about my own issues within my work place, but never went to the point of being revealing. However, I think this is an important thing to chronicle for my own self.

What was just a creative review ended up as a semi-HR mediation. Emotions were high, but everyone still tried their best to keep their cool, including the bosses. Tears, anger, bitterness. Pent up emotions which was swept under the rug for the sake of our own professionalism and mere respect now overflows and boils to the point of decimation. The issue was handled very diplomatically, but was the questions answered? There are just too many people who love the company to death, love the bosses more, and love to produce great work no matter what it takes, but limits can be crossed and we might be stepping too far from our comfort zones. There's much to do and go from here, and changes might not be so fast as most would hope for, or they might never happen at all. But the tipping point has past, and if something does change for the better, the multiplier effect would be great. 3 resignations are on their way, this is no laughing matter anymore.

I feel a little more productive today compared to yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be at my optimal yet. Maybe I have grown to rely a lot on my AD, who is in Singapore for a shoot. Maybe, this is just a phase. Break through to the breakthrough.

My ulcers are still pandemic, but is slowly going down. Yay me. I'm not all that well yet though. We'll see.

Steve Jobs has not been the biggest inspiration in my life, but rest in peace knowing that your speech has made me a little more braver in my life, a little closer to living my life like it was my last everyday.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang