Title says it, but somehow I have this assuring calm and peaceful joy after the weekend has ended.
Sailing today was generally good, picking up the techniques and skills slowly but surely. I also seem to have the habit of injuring myself without myself realising it until it has already healed or someone else tells me about it. Don't know whether that means that I'm getting stronger or I'm desensitised to pain, but I'll claim it's both.
I'm hosting a dinner party in 3 days, and I can hardly hide my enthusiasm. One of my new favourite places to shop at is Ben's Independent Grocer in Publika. It's not exactly the cheapest place, but they have some rare ingredients (like rhubarb, squash and other imported goods) which can be cheaper (and totally accessible) compared to bigger hypermarkets. That and I'm a sucker for their bakery at the back. Still gotta do more grocery shopping over the course of two days, but I'm totally prepared for it. Whenever I buy groceries, I walk with this sense of open-ended wonder and productivity; unlike other forms of shopping that I enjoy (such as clothing, stationary and books), I am certain that the groceries I buy can be transformed with love into wonderful dishes for myself and others.
I'm still single. Not that I'm proud of it, but it means that someone out there is going to be very lucky in due time. :)
I'm also recovering smoothly, and gym routines will be reinstated soon. Yay me!
Got two magical cards in the mail. I'm so happy! Snail mail is the way to go. Love you both!
I shall end the day converting my weekend high into optimism and simple joy to spread to everyone. Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment