Okay, made it for the update, let's go.
Today woke up late.
Arrange plans for the entire day, but things still looks a little wishy-washy.
Met friend for lunch, and then joined by another friend to walk around.
Then traveled all the way to KLCC to attempt to by MPO tickets on the spot.
Suceeded.
Spent time lepak-ing around, but I hate it when I have nothing specific to do but wait with no one accompanying. I even went to Kinokuniya and attempted to find a children's book I wanted to hunt for for a long time. It was in stock, but the children's section was so messed up I couldn't find it. Tsk.
Time soon passed and I sat in the hall.
First piece: Parry - Elegy for Brahms. Excellent piece for a melodic opening by the orchestra.
Second piece (the much anticipated one): Beethoven - 3rd Piano Concerto. The piano was a little heavy and the orchestra drowned a little, but otherwise an interesting rendition. The cadence section by the pianist was shockingly fast and agitated. Not too shabby.
Third piece: Brahms - Symphony No. 2. This was the shining star, great performance by the orchestra. It was an amazing 4 movements of differing techniques with a right shining ending. Liked much.
Kudos to Alexander Shelley, Conductor, Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, Piano, and the MPO. Will be back next week for Petrouchka! I wish I could afford the priciest tickets...
Jammed all the way back.
Finito.
Hope tomorrow will be good. I seriously need to gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment