Sunday, September 4, 2011

What Have I Learnt From First Long Holiday Since Working

1. Plan it. Things don't just happen, or at least it usually won't be to your expectations.

2. Involve people who involve you. And if you don't have people who involve you naturally... well that kind of suck, but I know exactly how you are feeling. Please drop a message and the president of the Uninvolvables will be there to greet you. It's important to note that your experiences will be magnified instead of diminished greatly by people who you want to involve. If the Venn diagram intersect, yay you.

3. Make sure you have some part of your usual work day routine with you, because the change may be too drastic. I'm not saying do your work, I'm saying include possible productivity activities such as exercise, chores, blogging, and pretty much anything else that tickles your fancy.

4. Insert rest slots, because you'll need them.

5. Document it. You can take pictures, write a journal/diary/blog, or sculpt a clay model based on your week-long experience in an abstract manner. Hey, I don't discriminate against tortured artists' souls.

6. Remember to breath, remember to eat (appopriately), remember to drink water, remember your normal bodily functions. Daddy's an old man now, and he hates it when he is sick. Hate.

List ends. I can go on, but I'll spare you the pain.

My sister sent me an e-mail to a link of fashionable items including this I totally oooh-oooh-aaah-aaah over:

Gucci Cotton Rucksack Backpack, Navy
Priced at USD1290, it will continue to be in my dreams. I'll just settle for something hardier anyway.

I wonder if my sister is on to me...

Can't wait for work tomorrow! Yes, I still love my job. Not the hours, just the job.

2 comments:

  1. Gucci is crap anyway. I got better reco for you. Same look, different prices

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. I'm not exactly the biggest bag collector anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang