Drove my dad's CRV for the first time today, in preparation for the driving I'll be doing in New Zealand during the family trip the end of this month. The car doesn't feel as big as in is, but that may be because I wasn't driving in KL. I hate how my dad hates to ask for directions, the way stereotypical males with their big egos are. I might have principles, but they aren't as stifling as egos. Principles still have rooms for situationals or circumstances, the way the grey in morality works. However, egos are the ultimate barriers of growth and change.
Had a talk with a friend today. Apparently in the advertising world, it is a norm to "sleep your way to success". I don't need to try hard to disbelieve it, but the thought of it is provoking. Would I resort to such tactics? Is my own aptitude not sufficient? What if I was hired but found out after that I was hired because of any other reason than my aptitude, what should I do? What if something else was expected of me?
Hmmm. Tomorrow will be an awesome day!
Such nonsense.
ReplyDeleteTry sleeping your way up to a Cannes Lion Grand Prix. It's the work. Always has been and always will be.
The work. The work. The work.
Your work is also affected by your availability of clients, which is linked to the agency you are in, which is linked to recruitment tendencies. I'm shooting no arrows but yeah.
ReplyDelete