Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Of A Minor Narcissistic Encounter, Koco Krunch Binging (And Maize Commodities), and My Whimsies on A Stationary Bike

Today was a really hot day, and I was out of the office for most parts of the day to visit clients and all. When I was at the last client, a beauty salon, at 4pm, I suddenly noticed my own reflection in a mirror. (And whenever you see the word 'suddenly' appear, it means something is coming, right?) I was shocked at how good I suddenly looked at that angle with that specific lighting. I am generally not a narcissistic person and I'm not exactly extremely happy with my body or anything (although technically narcissistic people tend to have one of the lowest self-esteem), but it's really interesting to have my own diva moments like this.

I was too lazy to bring my usual cooked snacks to work today, so I just brought a bag of Koko Krunch which happened to be lying around at home. I had to rely on it a lot since I was outside most of the time with no access to other food. I basically finished two thirds of the entire package by the end of the day. The only reason why I didn't gobble down everything is because 1. cereal is 'heaty' and I shouldn't eat too much heaty food, 2. most cereals these days are packed with simple sugars, and 3. I ran out of water and cereal can be quite dehydrating by itself.

I always questioned why cereal prices have gone up so much these couple of years (especially the usual cheap mass produced brands like Cornflakes, Koko Krunch, Honey Stars, and the like). Then I realised the incredible change of demand in the last 10 years. Based on indexmundi, corn prices have tripled since 2002. And our salaries aren't going up. We are seriously feeling the krunch more and more, pun intended. Dammit.

Oh, and my last subject matter is my habit of doing cardio in the gym. I actually use music to distract myself from the tiredness and at the same time push myself harder. A lot of people are incredibly surprised when I told them my usual playlist on the stationary bike is the entire Chopin's Piano Conerto No. 1. It is an intensely emotional piece that I could somehow channel to fuel my biking. However, I do make strange expressions and move my body a little as if I'm directing or being directed by the music.

Oh well, not that I care what people think. I'm doing what I can.

I can't get enough of X Factor UK this year, especially Jahmene Douglass and Melanie Masson. Oh, and Jason Brock from X Factor US.

2 comments:

  1. Usually listen to different podcasts while running. Bits about history, music and the latest news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can't do brain work while exercising, but to each his own. :)

      Delete

Nuffnang