Saturday, May 5, 2012

Devotion Ends When You Reason

I'm a Christian. Not a staunch one, but not a whatever kind. I used to be a regular church goer, but somehow, things just didn't work out, and I'm left to float through the lifestream. Not giving up though.

Today is Wesak day, and I, as a tradition with my close friends, volunteer at the Buddhist Maha Vihara at Brickfields, KL. It's a small deed in a big universe, but no questions are ask and no judgments are made. Your devotion is indeed what you make it.

Some of my Christian friends/relatives don't use joss sticks because they say it means you are committing idolatry. I do it as a tradition, and I don't empower it other than the fact that it keeps family together.

Goodness is universal, and religion is your own relationship, however you choose to go about it. Be good, be loving.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Wesak.

2 comments:

  1. i love gospel music.. and i'm a buddhist :)
    happy post wesak day :)

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang