Overall, 2012 was a really twisted year with the climax being my tonsillectomy. Despite what people usually say about the year going by fast, it seemed to go at an acceptable speed for me. Looking forward to the new year, these are some of my resolutions:
Music: Start piano classes, find a teacher by the coming weekend.
Health: Cut to 10% body fat, then stabilize for 2 weeks,
then bulk. This should involve just cardio and core training and not too much
weight training along with a deficit diet. Sleep at 11pm everyday. Drink lots
of water. Avoid simple sugars, simple carbohydrates and fried food. Swim everyday if I can help it (stupid Kelana Jaya is still closed till today).
Career: Look for another job. I don't hate my current job, but I don't love it either. And staying too long in a job that pays me this much is a big sabotage for my career, because it tells other employers that I'm willing to work for that little (although this is really a special scenario, others may be quick to judge). I would also probably need more experience in a larger corporation anyway, but I need to see how I cope with my Masters.
Qualifications: Apply for Masters within two weeks. Get referral letters from my ex-lecturers.
Relationships: Get closer to each of my friends and family. Step out of the closet to to my sisters. Evaluate other acquaintances. Get a significant other (crossing fingers).
Finances: Spend wisely, keep track of all purchases.
Discipline: Just say no to distractors. Be much, much more patient. Eat plenty of humble pie. Love deeply.
No comments:
Post a Comment