Greeting wonderous lifeforms (except you horrid cockroaches)!
I am guilty of not taking the stage here for some time, although it has never been a responsibility per se, but things was kinda hectic and mundane at the same time.
I already failed two of my resolutions, which is to sleep at 11pm everyday and to not get sick. My current sleep time average would probably be 12.00am, or maybe even that's an excessively optimistic estimation. I still have bacteria-stragglers playing guest in my upper respiratory tract, and now am on a short Augmentin course. Well, things could have been much worse. For example, I could already be dead (although some might claim that to be good, but we'll leave such discussions for the impossible future).
Two things happened randomly recently; they weren't exactly eventful, but it got me thinking a little.
1. I saw a Korean monk talking on a variety show, and although I'm Christian, good values do transcend religions and we should learn all that is good. The biggest part of his message is to allow ourselves to be human, to let ourselves feel anger and hate and insecurities and it's probably worse if you suppress them. However, we should also be always aware that we are feeling it, and the self-awareness alone will give us more freedom than we actually think.
2. It was 7.30pm, and I'm lying on the bed, totally already decided that I shouldn't go to the gym and rest instead. Somehow, I felt insecure somewhat (it's okay to feel it!) so I stuck a Magnum Mini down my throat and let the guilt lead me to the gym. On the way back, I wanted to grab something to eat before I took my meds, but nobody seemed to be free and I didn't want to waste too much time so I could return home and sleep early (hopefully). I went to Ming Tien food court and ta pao-ed Onion Naan and Tandoori Chicken. On the way back, I couldn't resist but to just eat the folded Naan right from the plastic bag. Like a hobo. When I reached home, I did the same to the chicken, ravaging it like some kampung Ah Beng. Sometime, this small little things show us how human we are, that we do not need nice plates and bowls and utensils to feel civilised. Sometimes, it's okay to give in to our basal urges. Sometimes.
Okay, random post ends. Thanks for wasting your time reading this wall of nonsense!
Oh, and I also recently tried BodyBalance at the gym, just for fun. So weird to learn all this at the gym when your own mum is a yoga instructor, haha. I guess you could say the same about people who run on treadmills when the road is just out the door (but it's different, really!).
Tomorrow is already Friday, so let's have ourselves a good one okay! I need to be less shy! Yosh!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment