Okay, this is a long rhetorical post, so feel free to skip this is you have no appreciation for the mental struggles of personal ethics. Or life, actually.
I gathered this thoughts after speaking to several friends about issues pertaining sex within the gay realm, and I did not get any satisfying answers. So let's just dish it all out.
First, a friend postulated that being a sex virgin will put many people off (and he is speaking about that from experience). I guess sex is indeed an integral part of the human process, but you can't expect that to the prime consideration, no? It may be harder, but it doesn't mean that the entire process won't be any sweeter (unless the fact about gays seeing sex as just physical release is true). To me, sex is an emotional experience too, I can never evaluate my past 'sexual' encounters without the mental involvement and emotional exhilaration. If you have experienced the trinity of sex and fully understand my rationale, I salute you with utmost respect.
Hmmm.
Secondly, another friend said that the sex is the most important aspect of the gay relationship. I don't really have to fight much over this one to win, but how many gay relationships actually end because of bad sex per se? Probably a few, but most end because of emotional issues or cheating or what everyone seems to call 'falling-out-of-love'. No?
Thirdly, what is sex?
To me, sex is an act of love. Not pleasure, not lust, not responsibility, not attraction. It is a choice you make and it has more meaning that just what is really involves.
But you know, I'm just an idiot they say. I stepped out of my fairy-tale mindset long time ago, but I still keep true to my beliefs. Because conforming (even as a gay) is for losers.
Oh, and another friend's comments about me going to gym to sleep my way to the top of the career ladder? I told him that I don't need that. I'll get the body and climb up there on my own thank you. The body isn't the asset, it's the bonus (albeit still under a long and growing trust fund).
Toodles.
Oh, forgot to update some other stuff. Took my Bestie to MP for K-Pop Nite (because we are both fans of our own right) and introduced her to the gay scene. After seeing many guys hugging each other and acting chummy and all, she told me right in the face: 'I don't think I can ever imagine seeing you in that position with another guy'. Awww, come on. I'll get a nice one okay!
Love ya'll!
If you ask me this question probably 12 years ago, I will agree with u that sex is emotional and mentally tied, tangled if you may..
ReplyDeleteBut fast forward after many failed relationships, majority of each failure, is directly linked to bad sex or no sex..
AND I have come to term that sex is jut an activity like eating or walking. You just do it, without thinking of who, when, how, why.. just do.. It has become an activity rather than a part of love-making, or packaged in a relationship..
Suddenly the world of endless possibilities opens up, you get all sorts of guys into all sorts of things, and you get to try difference scenes..
I am enjoying my sexful life now... I have more sex in 1 year compared to 11 years in relatonships all combined.. That's how deprived I was.. and being in such state, you cannot held me liable for seeking sex outside.. I was forced to seek sexual attention from others when the boyfriend don't, can't and won't fulfill it..
My two-cents thoughts.. but I still agree with you that using body to climb career ladder is just sickening, although I know of people who do that.. I agree it should be based on own credentials.. so, good luck to you! :P
I guess I'm not willing to come to that term. There are other ways to deal with the sexual tension, but I guess that's another story.
ReplyDeleteIt's all in your mind. Sex by itself is just another activity. If you want to think of it as being special, so be it. You still get off at the end of the day. If you want it to be totally mindless, it's fine because you will also get off at the end of it.
ReplyDeleteIt's just a state of mind and what you believe it should be. Don't think there's any wrong or right. As long as you are happy with and hurting no one
Well, I'm comfortable with my definition.
ReplyDeleteHave your own definition. There's no reason to rush into things when you're not ready. Certainly nothing wrong with being a virgin either. Just take it at your own pace.
ReplyDeleteThanks, although I don't think I'm a virgin already (depending on your definitions).
ReplyDelete