Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tortured By My Own Ideals

I am an idealist at heart. Yes, I do have my realist ends, but it is that belief in what can be and what should be that drives me to learn and grow in intellect, ability and stature to hopefully influence others who are still clueless at the top of their own ladders. I don't blame them, perhaps ignorance really is bliss, but it is not enough for me to just live my life when deep down I know, and I know I can, transform this landscape that we are in.

Perhaps I was born a few centuries too early, but this is my time. A world full of possibilities. Yet, at every corner, people still amaze me with how backwards we can keep going.

I mourn for our present, and for the death of our possible future, yet I do not give up.

Who else is going to push on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang