Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The-Great-Monitor-Blow-Up-Pokai-fication-Scenario

So basically, my monitor went a little haywire a few days ago. It would power on but turn off immediately. I managed to turn it on after several tries, but I know enough to know that this isn't standard healthy monitor behaviour. Googling this issue led me to believe that the monitor is getting old and the capacitors inside are getting worn out.

Although I am still being thrifty in this period of joblessness, I cannot live without my computer, and so after much deliberation, advice from friends and a lot of research through the Internet, I made my decision to get myself a Dell S2440L.

It's really pretty with an edge to edge glossy glass panel that melds the actual viewable area and the bezels prettily, and uses a AMVA panel type, which is a good compromise between the speedy TN and radiant IPS.

I still plan to rescue my old monitor somehow. Then maybe I'll be able to set-up a 2 monitor rig.

Totally geeking out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang