My dad and I do not see a lot of things eye to eye, and sometimes my own stubbornness of sticking to what I believe in gets the better than me (and I can see where I have gotten this from). One of my pet peeves is when he comments on my health and my eating patterns. He constantly complaints that I eat too much and I am fat, and he is right to an extent (because at current point I am about 90kg with 22% body fat). However, he always make it sound like I don't care about my own health, that I am living my life vicariously through dangerous methods, and he always turn a blind eye to the fact that I do gym and try to lead an active lifestyle.
I know he just means well for me, but like I said, sometimes I fear I lose myself if I just give way. It's a difficult battle that has more implications on myself more than my dad himself, and I am well aware of possible implications, being from a psychology background and all.
As of now, I have decided to forgo dinner with my younger sister and my cousin from Singapore to avoid my dad, and I think it is for the best. Sigh, gotta lose all that weight anyway.
Lol, you're bulk up. That's not fat. Just cut it down la. 22% fat is lesser than mine lor.
ReplyDeleteStill carrying fat la. >.<
Delete