Woot, managed to strikethrough in a thread title!
Okay, in the midst of the upcoming election, I too am facing my own version of a mid-early life crisis (which is earlier than late-early, but later than early-early), where I have to question myself about how I'm going to live the rest of my life.
My current job, as I continue to tell others, is just a job. It is far from being a career, but I would be lying if I said I never learnt anything from this experience. But as Oprah puts it, "I feel it in my bones" that it is time for a change. So, I'm planning to quit my job at the end of May, take a month off in June where my sisters will be back plus the family trip to Turkey, then I'll resume productivity and of use to the community in July. I am not entirely sure what to venture towards yet though, but time is running out and I have to think wisely.
So time to do some reflection, with a little help from an article I found at thoughtcatalog.com.
The Seven Questions That Tell You Who You Are
1. What would you do in life if you didn't have to pay the bills?
If you didn't know it yet, I'm not monetarily motivated. Somehow, I find this question as difficult to answer in my current state versus in a (what I perceived to be) financially motivated state. Many other people (of this I'm sure) will just plainly say to travel the entire world, but I want to do so much more than that. But after thinking long and hard (pun not intended), I decided that I am actually fitted to be a creator. I like making things, from artwork, to food, to self DIY stuff, to computer stuff, to complete worlds. Maybe I should be an author.
Argh. This is actually making things harder (again pun not intended). Let's just move on.
2. What cuts you the deepest?
This is easy: when people do not care. I am one of those individuals who experience a lot of loneliness, sometimes even when with groups of people (if you are still completely clueless, please check the blog title). I admit that sometimes it is my fault for not doing my part, but I also believe that (somehow) people have been avoiding me during the weirdest times (not to their fault for being legibly busy) and wanting me when I actually need solitude.
3. If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
I would first donate all my belongings to the needy, then I will go to the busiest part of the city and actually observe people. I think I want to do that because I feel like I can be a part of each of their lives by just seeing their stories unfold.
I don't think I will bother seeing all my friends and family. No point letting them mourn/celebrate in advance.
4. Who do you love and why do you love them?
At this point of time, only two people have gained the kind of trust that I have really given out, and they have done so not only by showing their intent and their minds, but through their actions. They are the only people who, if they asked me to suddenly put down all I'm doing and come, do so with no hesitation.
None of them are my family, sadly.
It's not that I don't love people, but these two are exceptional cases. I love everyone regardless of who they are, but people who give me more reason to not warrant my love get less.
5. What do you quote?
I quote mostly on anything that has to do with goodness, equality, justice and love.
6. In those rare but life-changing events, how do you act?
I haven't had many of these...
7. What do you think about most?
Ahhh, the crux of the entire questionnaire... What I think about usually depends on my current state. These days, it's usually about my health and mental condition. I haven't felt completely healthy and energised in a while, and it is one of my principles to take good care of my body.
And so... that totally didn't help. Or maybe I'll receive some revelation in the coming days. Bah.
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment